HCAO Speakers' Bureau training
--by Mike Huntington.M.D.
Want to brush up your speaking and persuasion skills for health care reform? Come join us in Portland on Saturday April 29.
Since the election people have become politically energized. They are coming to HCAO activists and asking what they can do to help. They want to save the gains we’ve made in health care and push for the ultimate solution, Better Medicare for All.
To achieve health care for all, we need to expand our public outreach and education massively. We need many veteran speakers and activists to serve as mentors and many new speakers if we are to reach our goal.
Mike Huntington M.D., Cliff Goldman, and Larry Steward Ph.D, of the HCAO Speakers’ Bureau and Hyung Nam, chair of the HCAO Education Committee, will lead a special five-hour Speakers’ Bureau training and workshop:
When: Saturday, April 29, 10:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Where: Holladay Park Plaza, 1300 NE 16th Ave.. Portland, Oregon
For: Experienced speakers to lend their expertise and new people wanting to better advocate for health care for all
On how to:
1. Engage others in friendly conversation about health care
2. Frame our stories to inoculate the public against misleading arguments
3. Develop, and deliver our own stories. Adapt them to existing HCAO stump speeches and elevator speeches
4. Know when to Organize newcomers and when to Mobilize the choir.
5. Form teams of mentors and new speakers to work together
1. Please check food preferences: Vegan___ Gluten-free ____
2. We will be filming the workshop to make a short webinar for people throughout the state. Can you can help with video and editing? Yes___ No___