You are invited to a Tough Questions session about single payer health care reform, Albany, Saturday July 26.
One million Oregonians need to be well informed, immunized against clever TV ads, and in 2016 vote yes for universal single payer health care. We can make it happen.
What: Hone your skills at answering tough questions about health care reform, honoring the questioner and her concern while making your point.
1. Are you talking about Socialized Medicine? Won’t that destroy the “free enterprise System”.
2. Why should legitimate tax payers buy health care for those who don’t contribute?
3. Wouldn't Universal Health Care result in excessive wait time for services?
4. Why should we entrust health care to costly and inefficient government bureaucracies?
5. Nice idea, but politically… (naïve, impossible, etc.)
When: Saturday, July 26, 1-5 p.m.
Mennonite Village Lakeside Center & Wellness Center (where HCAO events have been in the past).
5353 SE Columbus St Albany, Oregon 97321
Who: You and facilitators Sam Metz MD, Larry Steward PhD, Paul Gorman MD, Mike Huntington MD, David Young RN, Lisa Stiller MA.
Food: Brown Bag Light refreshments provided mid-afternoon.
Mike Huntington 541-745-5635
Please invite others, car pool, and let me know who is coming.
To help car pooling plans here are those coming from various regions:
Portland: Paul Gorman, Lisa Stiller, David Young, Sam Metz, Larry Steward, Barbara Council, Lew Church Douglas County: Bob Bickers
Corvallis: Bob Stebbins, Mike Huntington,
Salem/Silverton area: Rose Hope