Content Guidelines for Website Submissions
Types of Content
- Articles, graphics or other published materials: include Internet address (if possible), author, publisher, and publication date.
- Self-composed articles or opinion pieces: see guidelines below.
- Press releases, event announcements or meeting notifications: include contact information, note if timing is urgent. May include graphics; 300 word limit.
- No obscenities, vulgar language or personal insults
- Positive, non-belligerent attitude
- Relevant, timely, well-written with fresh material
- Grammatical, with correct spelling
- Factual, citing credible sources
- Personal stories or entire copyrighted articles used only with written permission.
- Website graphics, blog posts used only with permissions, unless “fair use” is stated
- Sources cited for short quotes, longer quotes require permission.
- No personal allegations, even if true; use caution with allegations against businesses.